Sunday

The Elvis Experience


If there was one place in the whole world I wanted to visit....it was Memphis, TN.  Growing up a crazy Elvis fan, I had waited for this day.  I wanted to walk in the footsteps of the King of Rock N' Roll.  I could only imagine how awesome Graceland would be....and I couldn't wait to shop for some Elvis souvenirs!


Jenesa and I planned an entire trip around Elvis!  First, we would visit Graceland and tour all of the attractions in Memphis, TN.  After a few days, we would jump on a plane and go to Las Vegas, NV and see the town Elvis sold-out year after year in the 1970's.  I couldn't wait!


We booked a room directly across the street from the King's mansion at the Heartbreak Hotel.  How cool, right?  Unfortunately, it was heartbreaking!  The hotel had seen better days...and we were glad we were only staying a few nights.  I expected lots and lots of Elvis stuff in the hotel, but the best we got was 24/7 free Elvis movies on the TV.  Heartbreak Hotel, for sure!