Friday

Jewelry, Jumpsuits & A Jet


The one thing that shocked me the most was the size of the mansion.  It's small!  As we toured the house, I couldn't help but feel a bit cramped in this frickin' MANSION!  I mean, c'mon....we're talking about a house fit for one of the most iconic figures in history.  I was expecting large, spacious rooms....but instead got small rooms with lots of mirrors!  It all looks big from outside, but inside, nada!  Don't get me wrong, the rooms look beautiful with extravagant details....furnished with nothing but the best of everything.  But, I guess you could describe it as cozy vs. "King-sized."

Elvis Presley's jewelry was mind-boggling.  The gold.  The diamonds. 


Speaking of gold.....check out all his gold and platinum records!  These were all displayed in what used to be his racquetball court in an adjacent building.


Let's not forget my favorite "must see" items......ALL OF THE CONCERT JUMPSUITS!


Across the street from Graceland, they have the famous Lisa Marie (Convair 880) airplane of Elvis Presley.  We were able to walk through the airplane.....but, needless to say, not one single picture turned out from inside the plane!  Too bad....because everything is gold-plated.  Bling!  Bling!